Team HalTurNon
Thanks for visiting.
Sorry we appear to be so boring, but .. "when you're out, you're out".
So, REGISTER or LOG IN and join the rest of the Team for ad-free, full access to the PORTAL.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Team HalTurNon
Thanks for visiting.
Sorry we appear to be so boring, but .. "when you're out, you're out".
So, REGISTER or LOG IN and join the rest of the Team for ad-free, full access to the PORTAL.
Team HalTurNon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thoughts on 3D experience

Go down

Thoughts on 3D experience Empty Thoughts on 3D experience

Post by Halday Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:35 am

Just to share 2cents

3D Content as expected is a problem right now.

Comcast presently only has 2 channels right now. One thats apparently not yet available in most areas, and ESPN3D which is more often that not, "Off Air".
Direct Tv has 3 channels, ESPN3D likewise mostly "Off Air", another that is a preview channel and a 3rd that seems to show the same content over and over again.
Sony Playstation 3 offers some content that I must say gives a glimpse into the awesomeness that awaits:

SuperStarDust HD-Full Game (free from Sony) - imo pretty much a perfect example of 3D gaming!
Absolutely stunning. Looks meant-to-be in 3D cheers

MotorStorm Pacific Rift-demo - I was amazed at how smooth and non-nauseating it really was. I guess I expected to be dizzy and disoriented given that its a raciing game which sometimes makes me queezy.

MLB 2010 The Show-demo - novel but somehow to me, looks like an after thought process. Hard to explain, but there is something about it that makes me think, oh, they made this 3D not IN 3D..which is essentially what they did, but unlike SuperStardust - it looks it to me. Cut and paste?

Pain3D-Addon (free from Sony) -

Movies?
I watched Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs in 3D and although cute, not imo an exceptional example of 3D.
Deep Sea 3D however, is exceptionally AMAZING. wow3
Just fyi, both came free with Sony.

Glasses?
Suprisingly, even as a prescription eyeglass wearer, I find the Sony's to be very comfortable. They are very well constructed, are light and fit well on top of my own. They do a very nice job of closing out any peripheral light which can detract from the experience. As it turns out, the glasses are for me, not as big a deal as I thought they would be. I will note that I also tried Samsung which imo were not as well made, and were less successful at keeping out peripheral lighting. For me, the 3D is most effective at night. Dark conditions seem optimal.

I personally dont see 3D as a regular viewing habit for me, but Im sure Ill throw in an occasional game or two.. Cool

No dizziness, no nausea, no calamities to report..yet. allgood

Things to know.. cash

1.4 hdmi cables are required for 3D signals. Buy ahead..

Just about everything at least in a Sony Home Theater set-up including the TV has the ability to connect to the internet with OPTIONAL wireless adapters or via ethernet cables to access important updates and/or content like netflix, YouTube, Pandora Radio etc..etc..ETC
Buy ahead..

You can buy an extended warranty directly from the manufacturer and save on the sometimes bloated retail offerings.

Halday
Halday
Admin

http://www.halday.com/index.php?p=1_62

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum